Friday, March 25, 2011

I don't like the poetry that I write
and I don't like most people who write poetry
I hate people who share their poetry
and am jealous of them at the same time
that they could be so self effacing
and put their hearts/souls/minds/ego on a social networking site
because they're not embarrassed to be such narcissists
and put their bullshit words next to glamor shots they took in their bathroom
I really do hate most people I think
but I'm no so scared that they hate me
because I'm pretty cowardly and nice
I'm scared to hate everyone so much because it makes me lonely
and the people I actually like, really do like people who write poetry

that is not a poem, it just someone came out in short sentences.
i used to write a lot of poetry, but i stopped liking it as i become less self absorbed.
not to say all poets are self absorbed. just most of them.

Wallace Stevens, however, raised poetry beyond the level of self involvement.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like people who share poetry, do you like me? Poetry left me along with my teenage angst I feel, but I legit like some of my teenage poetry. In January, while you were sleeping on my couch, I was hit with urge to write poetry. It came out like this:

    the unexpected
    when you are younger these things flow freely
    But I am older now
    the feelings don't diminish
    just the experience of them

    and then I was like, I fucking hate poetry.

    ReplyDelete