Sunday, April 19, 2009

13 Things I've Observed or Done in Arizona

1. Everyone I've met in Arizona is not actually from Arizona, except for Mary Anne, the bartender from Yuma.
2. I have dined at several old people restaurants-- JB's and CoCo's-- the Honkers and Richard's of the West
3. The grocery stores here are Bashas, no Martin's or Kroger's or Marsh's
4. I've chewed tobacco and passed around a bottle of wine on the curb outside my house
5. My kitchen is painted yellow
6. My first night alone here I had a dream about Bob Dylan, he tried to climb a fence and hurt himself, went to the emergency room, when he came back to play the show I asked if I could hug him, he said yes, and then told me he loved me.
7. I took a personal tour of a haunted hotel.
8. People in Prescott are way nicer than people in Arizona.
9. There are equal proportions of hippies and retirees here.
10. I am going to foster a cat.
11. I almost had a nervy B when my family left me alone.
12. I got drunk on Whiskey Row
13. I will find a Javelina. This I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment