Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Untitled?


I am reading In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust and The History of Sexuality by Michel Foucault at the same time!! I:

a). am extremely intellectual
b). am extremely pretentious
c). have no idea what's going on in either book

In an attempt to become more well rounded I have been reading the news every morning. Of seven news stories that I read today, two were about Harry Potter; one was titled "Beck Slammed for 'Horrific' Holocaust Remarks", I opened it because I thought it was singer-songwriter Beck, of course it was Glenn Beck; one was about an evangelical preacher and I didn't finish it; One was titled, "Why Are You Here?: A New Theory May Hold the Missing Piece," it did not tell me why I am here, as was hoped.

In other news, yesterday as I was updating my resume, I realized that I've been lying about my supposed proficiency in Excel for three or four years now. I've never even used it!

I would like to stop reading Foucault, so if anyone has some non-fiction they want to pass my way, it would be appreciated. Or, send me a piece of mail so I can get a library card.

No comments:

Post a Comment